This policy describes our privacy practices for the websites and mobile applications where it is posted. This includes the Hershey’s Chocolate World website and Hershey brand websites, as well as Hershey’s Kitchens and Celebrate with Hershey’s. This includes our mobile websites. The policy also describes our practices on our mobile applications. This policy does not apply to information we collect offline. This policy also does not apply to the websites of Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Company, including The Hotel Hershey and Hersheypark. It also does not apply to the Hershey Park mobile app.
We collect information from and about you.
- We collect contact information. We might collect your name and street address if you register on our site. We might also collect your phone number or email.
- We collect payment information. If you make purchases, we or our vendors collect your credit card information.
- We collect information you submit or post. We collect the information you post in a public space on our site. If you contact us, apply for a job, or respond to a survey, we will collect the information you provide to us.
- We collect demographic information. We may collect your gender and your zip code or postal code. We might also ask for information like your age.
- We collect other information: If you use our websites, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might track the pages you visit. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We collect this information using the tracking tools described here. To control those tools, please read here. We may also collect your GPS location if you use one of our mobile apps. We might look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it.
We collect information in different ways.
- We collect information directly from you. For example, if you register for a promotion or apply for a job. We might also collect information if you post a recipe review or contact us. We also collect information if you register with us on certain sites and apps.li>
- We collect information from you passively. We may use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons. We collect information about users over time when you use this website. We may have third parties collect personal information this way. We also collect information from our mobile apps. To learn more about these tools and how you can control them, click here.
- We get information about you from third parties. For example, social media platforms may give us information about you.
- We combine information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
We use information as disclosed and described here.
- We use information to respond to your requests or questions. For example, we might use your information to register you for promotions, notify you if you win a prize and deliver the prize to you. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- We use information for marketing purposes. For example, we might send you information about new products and special offers. We might also use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We will send you marketing emails if you sign-up. To manage this, read Your Choices section below. We may also use push notifications on our mobile apps.
- We use information to improve our products and services. We might use your information to customize your experience with us.
- We use information to look at site trends and customer interests. We may use your information to make website or product improvements. We may also combine information we get from you with information about you we have gotten from third parties.
- We use information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company and our customers. We also use information to protect our websites and apps.
- We use information to communicate with you. For example, we will communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may contact you about your feedback. We may contact you to tell you about changes to this Policy or our website Terms. We may also tell you about issues with your orders.
- We may also use push notifications on our mobile apps. We will send you push notifications about coupons, upcoming events, and consumer-pertinent information such as store hours (closing early due to weather, extended hours, etc.).
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you. We will get your consent as required by law.
We may share information with third parties.
- We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with vendors who operate our websites, run promotions, and send emails. We may authorize these vendors to collect information on our behalf and share certain information with their subcontractors, but only to the extent necessary for the vendors to perform services on our behalf. Our vendors may be located within or outside of the North America. You can contact us if you want to learn more about how our service providers use your information.
- We will share information with our business partners. For example, we will share information with third parties who co-sponsor a promotion with us. We might also share information with a business partner who distributes our products. These partners may send you information about events and products by mail or email.
- We will share information with Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Company. For example, sometimes we receive questions about The Hotel Hershey or Hersheypark. We may share information so that The Hotel Hershey or Hersheypark can address those questions.
- We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion. Or we may share your information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list. We may share your information with the US government.
- We will share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
- We will share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
You have certain choices about how we use your information.
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, follow the opt-out link in any of our promotional emails or call us at 1 (800) 468-1714. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions. If you object to our use of your information for direct marketing purposes, please contact us.
- You can control tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notifications on your phone.
- You have other controls you can exercise. You can choose whether or not to share personal information. If you choose not to share, some parts of our sites and some services may be more difficult or impossible to use. If you turn off cookies or tracking tools, parts of our site and services may also not work properly.
These sites and children
Our sites are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children (including children under 13 in the United States).
As part of the CARU Safe Harbor, we are subject to audits and frequent monitoring of our websites and other enforcement and accountability mechanisms administered independently by CARU.
If you believe that we have not responded to your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, please contact CARU at:
CARU Safe Harbor
112 Madison Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10016
Parents, if you think your child has provided personal information on one of our sites, you can request that the information be changed or deleted by contacting us at:
The Hershey Company
100 Crystal A Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
Phone Toll Free 1-800-468-1714, or Contact us Online
Parents, you can take steps to protect your kids too. To learn more about how to protect your child online, read the helpful information provided by the Federal Trade Commission by clicking here.
Your California Privacy Rights
We use standard security measures.
The Internet is not 100% secure, though. We thus cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords. We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy.
We store information both in and outside of the United States.
Information we maintain may be stored both within and outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country.
We may link to other sites or apps or have third party services on our platforms we don’t control.
If you click on a third party link, you will be taken to a platform we do not control. This policy does not apply to the information practices of that website or platform. Read other companies’ privacy policies carefully. We are not responsible for these third parties.
Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
You can contact us online or write to us at:
Public Relations Department
The Hershey Company
PO Box 810
100 Crystal A Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
Or call 1-800-468-1714
If you have any questions about this Policy or want to review, access, delete, correct or update your information, please contact us online.
We may update this policy.
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will provide notice of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.
© 2018 The Hershey Company. All rights reserved.